Visit this link to see all our pictures of Jacqueline

Monday, February 21, 2011

Missing you.


You are not here yet, but somehow today I just miss you. I feel lonely and lost, and I just want to hold you in my arms. It's probably the hormones talking but I just can not wait to hold you. I keeping telling you that you need to wait at least two more weeks to be born, but right now I feel like like I can not wait for you. I need to hold you. To know that you are ok. To see your little face.

I think this rush of crazy emotion is partially because I miss your great-grandma so much. I still have not deleted her phone number from my cell. I know that sounds crazy, it's been over a year, but deleting that number means I am really never going to call her again. Never sit at her kitchen table drinking coffee and trying to fix her knitting, never watch the Tigers... but what is worse is you will never get to know her, she won't be able to come to your tee-ball games with a giant tub of licorice, you won't get to see her light off illegal fireworks on the fourth of July, or have best the costume on Halloween. I miss her so much. I don't know where your soul is before you are born but if you are in Heaven make sure you tell her I love her, and I miss her, hug your grandma Jackie, and grandma Audrey for me and pat the the top of papa Don's flat top. If you are with them right now I understand why not here, and as much as I am in a hurry to hold you, enjoy your time with them. I will try to be patient. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment