Visit this link to see all our pictures of Jacqueline

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th of July


The 4th of July just makes me think of Grandma Jackie.  There is something about fireworks and flag cookies, that scream her name, but we also always spent time at the cottage around the fourth.  Aunt Sharon's kids have birthdays right around patriotic summer holidays and so the forth always meant making a cake.  I have vivid memories of sitting on the counter tops up at the cottage mixing up a cakes with Aunt Sharon.  There is something about boxed yellow mix that still brings me back to warm days at the cottage.  Aunt Sharon would always let me help, and let me sneak a finger-full of frosting.  We always decorated the cake with strawberries and blueberries to look like a flag, or maybe just so we could pretend that the cake was healthy.   Where ever you are when you read this I hope you have a lovely 4th filled with family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. I look at this picture everyday and think how blessed am I to be their grandma and your mom? Thanks, Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those memories too.. Love You Dad

    ReplyDelete