The school year for Zeeland Christian has started and so my first week back has come and gone. Thanks to Aunt Kate and Aunt Kelly and Oma Jacqueline had a lot of fun while I dealt with computers and logins that still were not working quite right. It was hard to go back hard to leave Jacqueline, but in the end I think that working 2 days a week this year will be good for my sanity. It is nice to have a conversation with adults, it is nice to talk to people who talk back, and it is probably good for part of my world to not revolve entirely around Jacqueline.
On the note of new, Adam put in his two weeks notice at Transmatic, (where he has been since we were dating) and he has accepted an offer from Broadview Product Design in Zeeland. Hopefully it means more flexible hours and a new experience. Right now he designs presses and tooling that make parts, this will switch him to the front end of the design experience and he will actually be designing products you might use in your home. His first project will be in furniture design. He is very excited. Honestly I am a little nervous I can have trouble trusting God fully with the future; but I know God has a future for us better than the one we dream of for ourselves. “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1Corinthians 2:9). When I worked for Camp Geneva kids used to sit on the zip deck scarred to jump on the zip line, afraid they would fall and get hurt. I would remind them it was strong enough to support an elephant but fear held them there. Then I would quote Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you hope and future." I would say to the camper, God has a plan trust him and jump. Almost every kid jumped, and loved it. I always felt bad for the few who sat there and finally took off the harness and walked to to scarred to jump. Their fear kept them from a new experience. SO when Adam asked what I thought as much as I am scarred to leave Transmatic a company who has for the most part been very good to us, it is time to trust God and jump.
All in all so much is changing right now in our lives it is hard to find what is the new routine. But I am sure we will get there in no time. As for now, I hear you waking up so it's time to stop writing and go play.

No comments:
Post a Comment