The perk of helping mommy bake is taste testing as you go. I am sure you would be shocked to know that Jacqueline really liked helping to clean up the mixer blade after making frosting. (I scraped it really clean before I let her have it, because I knew getting it back was going to be a problem.)
Just for this tradition we got a new plate at the store today. We may need to refill it a few times this holiday season, Jacqueline really liked the snowman plate. And every-time I read her the words and she would respond "Ho, ho ho" for santa and hold up the plate fore me to read it again.
Then we were on to the fun part...SPRINKLES! Thankfully she managed to keep the bulk of the sprinkles on the plate. There is a definite deference between the amount of sprinkles on the cookies that I decorated and the ones that Jacqueline did. (On the plus side hers were coated thick enough with sprinkles that they stacked really nicely on the plate.)
An hour of making and decorating and almost an hour to clean it all up afterwards. But Jacqueline did help with all of it including the clean-up. And the final picture, the finished product of all our hard work, a few plates of cookies, a lot of pictures and some really fun memories.




No comments:
Post a Comment