Visit this link to see all our pictures of Jacqueline

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2 week stats

2 weeks have flown by.  Grace is up to a huge 7 lbs 4oz already!  She is defiantly a good little eater. Her 2 week doctors apt. went really well.
I wanted to take a moment and talk about your name.   Grace your middle name Frances, comes from my Great-Aunt Fran (The picture is of you with Aunt Fran, she is 93!).  She was so excited to get to hold you last week. I have written to Jacqueline about Aunt Fran before, so I will be brief, but Aunt Fran is my mom's, Aunt, (she is Grandpa Don's older sister.)  When I was a kid I remember staying over at Aunt Fran's house and always thinking how elegant and special Fran was. So when we found out we were having a second little girl I knew I wanted your middle name to be Frances, in honor of Aunt Fran.  So that left us to figure out your first name.  Grace is from your Dad's family.  Your Oma Karie's mom was Grace. Unfortunately, she passed away long ago so your dad doesn't have any memories of her he can share, but knowing the kids she raised including your Oma, she must have been a very special lady.  I love that your name comes from both families, and I am so glad that you will have a chance to know at least one of your namesakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment