Wednesday, October 26, 2011
I love Halloween
I am so sick of people at school telling me what a bad holiday Halloween is and wishing it would just be over. I love Halloween. As a kid we would get on our costumes and hop in the car with my Dad and Uncle Paul and they would take Kate, Kelly, Jarred, Abby and I to see all of the family. First there was a trip to see Great Grandma Kate, she would have old peppermints for us and whatever she won at Bingo for the last month but she was always excited to see us. And we tried hard to be excited about old bananas and other bingo prizes. Then it was off to Grandma Audrey's, she would have the regular candy that got passed out to everybody but for us there was always special bags of candy and a hug for us. Then it was to Grandma Jackie's. No one loved Halloween more then Grandma Jackie. She would get dressed up and have a caldron of dry ice that would smoke out on the front porch. She had the best costumes and full size candy bars. These are memories with the family I will cherish. I still remember the Bear costume my mom made me, and the year Kelly was a giant dice and struggled to fit in the car, I'll never forget Grandma's dancing pop can costume. I think that Halloween is like any other holiday, it is really about what you make it, and for our family that has always been a day for fun and a day for family. I look forward to you carving a pumpkin with Kate on Saturday and Trick or Treating with the Family on Monday, and I hope that someday you look back on Halloween with some of the same fun family memories that I think of when I think of this holiday. So thinking of family just so you know for your first Halloween, Aunt Kate carved your Funkin (Grandpa Dann did the design), Oma Karie and I made your costume and your dads you two will match, but your costume is meant to go with Aunt Kate, She will be the Cat in the Hat and you guys are thing one and thing two, I will add pictures after Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment