Visit this link to see all our pictures of Jacqueline

Saturday, January 5, 2013

21 Month Photo

 Getting to be so big.  It seems surreal how fast the time has gone. Jacqueline is talking quite a bit at home but still pretty quiet out in public.  She is loving all her Christmas presents and having so much fun playing with all of them at home.  One big milestone, she used the potty for the first time this week.  She knows that is a way to earn a treat and she really wanted a sucker.  I wish I could say we were on our way to being diaper free but I think that for right now I am going to let her attack this at her own pace so it may be awhile.  I keep asking if she wants to use the big girl potty again but right now  the answer is always a resounding "No."
I had to include a few fun photos from the last week, I haven't posted because we have been having fun playing and so I just have not gotten around to it.  This first photo is from Fredrick Meijer Gardens we went to see the railway garden.  Jacqueline loved watching the trains and running in circles around the waterfall and over the bridges.  (Isn't the red outfit cute, she wore it Christmas Day, got to love the ruffles.)
We also went a little crazy at home and decided we would make a Train out of GingerBread.  It mostly turned out.  Jacqueline had fun decorating with the candy and eating bites out of the GingerBread.  In the end most of the train got trashed to keep her from consuming a mountain of sugar.  What do people do with gingerbread houses when the make them?  It's a pretty centerpiece for a little bit but then what, inorder to make it set we had to almost overcook the gingerbread so it would be stiff enough to build with and then the icing is way too sweet to make if firm the candy gets stale and hard fast.  It was fun to make, it just seems silly to me that then what do you do with it.  Oh well, it Jacqueline had fun creating it and that is what really matters.   Other fun things from Christmas break, we went and rode the Carousal at the mall, played in the snow, and worked on Grace's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment