For the last week Jacqueline has been having some separation anxiety issues. I know it's normally for kids her age, and it's only been at bedtime so it really has not been too bad. In fact I thought it was getting better until her Daddy tried to put her to sleep tonight. She had a fit. Screaming and pointing to the door wanting me to come back, he walked her to the living room proving I was there and reminded her and me too that she was fine and he was putting her to bed. Eventually she calmed down and went to sleep with out me. But it made me think.
We all in this world are experiencing some separation anxiety. We all could work a little harder to be a little closer to our heavenly father. Missing devotions doesn't cause me to have the fit that Jackie had when I didn't put her to bed... but maybe it should. I know nothing can separate us from the love of God but I think we all could use to work harder at being a little closer to his love.
Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord
Jacqueline someday when you look back at this I want you to stop and
first be grateful you have such a wonderful earthy father who is willing
to put up with you tears and your screams because he loves you and
wants you to know it. And second I want you to remember you have a
heavenly father who desires to be closer to you too. (These darling photos are of Jackie in the sink at Grandma's.)
Grandma says, "please post those pictures to Shutterfly"! Love you
ReplyDelete